Our teachers have had training from the Institute for Global Ethics and we receive their e-newsletters. This is a list of their recommendations for building an ethical school culture. I think we are doing pretty well!
7 ways to make ethics a cross-cutting dimension of your school culture:
- Emphasize play.
- Recognize and embrace the individuality of learners.
- Ask “why” as often as possible.
- Explicitly teach self-reflection.
- Encourage personalized learning experiences in place of “one size fits all.”
- Plan carefully for each individual learner.
- Avoid standardized content—it’s an invitation to cheat.