Core Values: Emotional security, intellectual vibrancy, ethical awareness, social responsibility
Our new mission statement feels just right for Parker. At our faculty meeting yesterday the teachers gave examples of how we live our mission. Here are a few of their ideas:
- We teach students to think and observe. They question and make their own conclusions at a very young age.
- Children are supported and praised for their strengths and challenged at the same time: it's a balance.
- Kids know that the adults are here to help them - there is a very special relationship.
- We take the time children need for real learning to emerge.
- Parker kids love math!
- Because they get lots of choice, students are really motivated.
- Students spontaneously collaborate and write; they accept and encourage each other.
Have a great February Break!