Here is a little good financial news for independent school parents - you can read about it in this New York Times article Tax Break That Helps Private School Parents is Made Permanent.
Ann Carrns explains how you can set up a special account to which you can add $2,000 annually and use the earnings tax free as long as they go towards tuition. Every little bit helps...
Some curricular highlights for 2013:
- 6 and 7th grade Rube Goldberg contraptions demonstrating forces of motion
- Fossils and woolly mammoth pieces in a soil sample from the Museum of the Earth for 2-3's science class
- Ten Spanish visitors for a week in March in Middle School
- Pen and Skype pals for 4-5's to connect with a class in Arizona taught by Parker alum JD Devane
- K-1 creating a play from Jan Brett's story, The Hat
- Writing a book about algebra for younger students by the 7th grade math class
- Pasta week in Pre K, where life is a picnic (see above!)