Peace and Beauty
- Peace is a wonderful thing at school. We love people.
- In this classroom there is lots of peace and we make peace a lot.
- We help each other in a kind way. We get a lot of free choice.
- We meditate. We go into our silence.
- You can make beautiful pictures.
- You can make new friends and play. We can all play together.
- We play dress-up.
- It's a wonderful class with all these friends.
- Playing games at recess and I help my friends.
- You have really good friends and you help other people.
- We have two recesses. We can build at recess. We can build in the classroom and you can mix toys and then when we clean up we put them back where they belong. If you didn't mix the toys you could not make these structures.
I'm so happy that the culture of our classrooms and school community is infused with these ideas. Our graduates carry it forth in their personal lives and to work in the peace corps, as doctors, educators, and as entrepreneurs for social causes. The message of peace and friendship clearly resonates - and who knows, another Nelson Mandela could be in the making.