Friday, October 12, 2007

Kindergarten aspirations


Each year our kindergarten class joins in a project for the Troy Record, responding to the questions "What do you want to do when you grow up?" And "What will you need to learn to do it?" Here are the dreams of the class of 2020:

Jamie: I want to be a train driver. I need to learn about parts of the train, the tracks, and how to read signals. I need to know about diesel parts and switches. I need to learn where my engine shed will be. I need to learn about stoking the boiler.

Miriam: I want to drive a car. I need to know where I’m going. I need to know how to stop.

Coleman: I want to plan a computer and attach houses on a computer. I click one by one. I need to know about buildings and computers.

Alex: I want to be an archeologist and work in the museum with my dad. I need to know how to dig stuff and try and find stuff.

Laurel: I think I’ll be an artist. I want to be able to paint very good paintings.

Caroline: I want to be a physical therapist. I want to learn how to be one.

Michael Dee: I want to be an artist. I will need to practice drawing.

No comments: