Friday, March 13, 2009

Life long learning




Demonstrating circumference on stage at the Pi Day assembly, practicing for a band performance, giving a speech for a quadricentennial ceremony at a veterans hall...Parker kids do a lot of performing. It's a skill that will serve for a lifetime.

The days at school are so varied it amazes me - and I learn so much! Right now the band is practicing Handel's Water Music on the other side of my office wall (They just finished "We'll Have Fun, Fun, Fun, 'til Her Daddy Takes the T-Bird Away") I sang along with a new version of "Ten in the Bed" as presented by Pre K at the Pi Day assembly.

Yesterday I learned that Samuel de Champlain, the founder of Quebec, killed three Iroquois chiefs in 1609, starting 150 years of hostility between the Iroquois and the French. I also learned this saying from a fifth grader: "Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

No comments: